RECALL NOTICE : US / PUERTO RICO
Abbott initiated a proactive, voluntary recall of powder formulas, including Similac®, Alimentum® and EleCare®, manufactured in Sturgis, Michigan, one of the company’s manufacturing facilities. The recall does not include any metabolic deficiency nutrition formulas.
Abbott is voluntarily recalling these products after four consumer complaints related to Cronobacter sakazakii or Salmonella Newport in infants who had consumed powder infant formula manufactured in this facility. To find out if the product you have is included in this recall, click here to check your lot number: https://www.similacrecall.com/us/en/product-lookup.html.
Estrella Pediatrics is offering COVID vaccine to our patients 5yrs and up. An appointment is required. Please call to schedule.
We have moved!
FIND US AT:
Our new office is located at 9520 W. Palm Ln, Ste 100, Phoenix, AZ 85037.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Office Restrictions:
The health and well-being of our patients, families and staff is important to us. In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have made some changes.
- Anyone over the age of 6 needs to wear a mask. Entry without mask is not allowed.
- We ask if anyone has sick symptoms on the date of your appointment, has been exposed to COVID-19 by close contact, or is awaiting results, please call to discuss first. We may need to reschedule your appointment.
- Flu vaccine is available through appointment only. We ask that for your nurse visit appointment for flu vaccine, you call us once arrived in the parking lot for further instructions.
We have a well side entrance and sick side entrance. Please utilize the appropriate entrance to help keep our well patients well.
9520 W Palm Ln
Phoenix, AZ 85037
Phoenix, AZ 85037
The Department of Health Services website lists many alternatives for COVID testing:
DHS – Everyone – How to Get Tested (azdhs.gov)
On this website, families can find a location in their neighborhood that will test individuals for COVID-19. They simply enter their ZIP code, and it will display nearby testing sites. Some sites do require appointments, and not every location will test pediatric patients so families should review the information carefully.
If your patient is exhibiting the following symptoms, please refer them to the Emergency Department:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray or blue-colored skin, lips or nail beds, depending on skin tone
- COVID-19 Vaccination Info
The FDA and CDC have expanded authorization for the use of Pfizer vaccine in ages 12-15, making it now available to anyone 12 and up. Search by vaccine type and locations here: Find vaccine. And/or https://coronavirus-vaccine-outreach-tapi.hub.arcgis.com/
- Banner Nurse Now
If you or a loved one is ill or injured, call Banner Nurse Now for medical advice. There is no charge for this service. Call when your child is sick, injured or need care advice: 602.747.7990 or 888.747.7990
- Flu Shots for 2021-22 season available
Please call our office 623.388.3216 to schedule an appointment!
Contact Our Office
Important note about email:
Email is not secure and cannot protect your personal information. Please do not include any information in your email that you consider private or personal. Also, we regret that we cannot answer medical questions by email. Call the office at 623-388-3216 with your medical questions or for appointments.